Remote Inspection Instructions
Instructions for Remote Virtual and On-site Disaster Inspection Assignments:
***Please Note: This is a RUSH assignment. Do not accept if you cannot meet the current due date and time. Please reference the set terms and contact Incenter Appraisal Management at 866-222-6205 if you require any changes or have questions. Thanks! ***
If you are unable to reach the homeowner/point of contact with the information provided to perform a inspection of any type, please call Incenter Appraisal Management at 866-222-6205 between 8am to 7pm Eastern time and be prepared to provide your name, the subject property address and full name on the order, along with your personal phone number and e-mail. Our team will look up the order, contact the lender, and send you additional or updated information for property access or homeowner contact information. If we are unable to procure a contact for you to schedule a remote virtual inspection, we may at our option convert the order to a physical exterior drive-by inspection – thank you!
Post Disaster Inspection. No comps required.
- In the event the borrower contacts you with questions or concerns, please provide them the following phone number, and let them know that Incenter is facilitating a disaster area inspection on behalf of the mortgage lender.
- Please direct the homeowner to contact us and we can verify to them who the lender is: Incenter Appraisal Management: 866-622-2605
If the property is in a gated community, please make every attempt to gain access to the community. This includes viewing other properties which are listed in the community or contacting the HOA for access. If access cannot be gained, please proceed with photos of the gate. If the subject is partially visible due to a long driveway or other obstruction, please proceed with the best possible photos and address verification.
Not accessible due to disaster:
Incenter will be ordering these types of inspections primarily as remote inspections using the virtual technology with a homeowner onsite. However, if an onsite visit is required and the subject is not visible or access is limited due to flooding, debris caused by disaster, please STOP work and call Incenter at 866-622-2605 for further instructions.
- Incenter Appraisal Management Code of Conduct − Please make sure that you are always abiding by the Incenter Appraisal Management Code of Conduct when completing valuation reports. Incenter Appraisal Management and our customers greatly appreciate your expertise. Please be professional and courteous during a virtual inspection. For onsite inspections, please dress in business casual, professional attire with an appropriate shirt and shoes for the inspection. By accepting this report, you agree to comply with these instructions.
Remember that in some cases, the homeowners will have suffered personal or property loss, so please be sensitive to them and courteous in your demeanor at all times.
- Please list all damages caused by the disaster in detail with photographic evidence.
- If no damages from the disaster, please paste in the form, “Free & clear of disaster related damage.”
- Please provide commentary whether the disaster has had an effect on the subject’s value and marketability.
- If the assignment is an exterior assignment and requires an in-person inspection, please do not approach the occupants or owners if at all possible. If confronted, identify yourself, be respectful and professional, and explain that you are there to catalog the damage and help them get their property restored with the mortgage and insurance company. Then provide them Incenter’s number for further questions.
- Digital photos with time stamps are required. If there are no time stamps, please label photos with date and time in the photo caption comments.
- One current, original photo of the subject (Front and side view are required)
- One address verification photo (House number or street sign required)
- One street scene photo looking down the street
- One close up photo of any damages present
- For condos and co−ops, a photo of the lobby is required in addition to a photo of the building.
- If access cannot be made to the lobby, take a photo of the lobby from the window.
- If photos cannot be taken from the window, then please comment on what is visible from the outside and whether it is likely and damage may have occurred.